- 1 cup 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup 200g couscous
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbs each balsamic vinegar & lemon juice
- 2 peeled cooked beetroot (or 450g can baby beets, drained), cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley plus extra whole leaves to garnish
Bring stock to the boil in a pan. Remove from heat, then slowly stir in couscous. Cover with a tea towel, stand for 5 minutes, then fluff grains with a fork.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frypan over medium-low heat. Cook onion for 10 minutes, stirring, until softened and just starting to caramelise. Stir in vinegar, juice, beets and parsley. Season, then stir through couscous. Transfer to a portable serving dish. Serve with extra parsley.