Gooseberry and elderflower fool
Taste the essence of summer in this ambrosial combination of gooseberry, elderflower and softly whipped cream
- * 500g gooseberries
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 65-85 g caster sugar
- 284 ml double cream
- Jules Destrooper Almond Thins or sponge fingers to serve
1. In a covered pan, cook the gooseberries with 1-2 tablespoons of water until soft.
2. Pass the cooked gooseberries through a mouli or sieve, to pure them. Stir in the cordial and taste for sweetness. Add the sugar as needed.
3. Half an hour before serving, whip the cream until stiff, but not rigid. Fold the cream into the pure, and then chill until needed.
4. Serve the fool with almond thins or sponge fingers.