Bulgarian Cheese Loaves
- 1 kg/2.2lb Self Raising Flour
- 450 g/1lb Bulgarian White Cheese or Feta crumbled
- 480 ml/16fl.oz. Plain Yoghurt
- 3 Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly oil 2 or 3 baking trays. Place the flour, yoghurt, eggs and crumbled cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix to a stiff dough. Knead lightly.
2. Divide the mixture into 8 portions, shape each portion into a ball then place on the baking tray and slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
3. Make a hole in the middle of each loaf with your finger and place a knob of butter inside. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the loaves and browned and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Cool on a wire tray.